TunerAtlanta.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mountain Run - Saturday November 6th, 2010

4 posters

Go down

Will you be attending?

Mountain Run - Saturday November 6th, 2010 Vote_lcap50%Mountain Run - Saturday November 6th, 2010 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
Mountain Run - Saturday November 6th, 2010 Vote_lcap0%Mountain Run - Saturday November 6th, 2010 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Mountain Run - Saturday November 6th, 2010 Vote_lcap50%Mountain Run - Saturday November 6th, 2010 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 2

Mountain Run - Saturday November 6th, 2010 Empty Mountain Run - Saturday November 6th, 2010

Post by John Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:51 pm

Who is interested in a mountain run on Saturday November 6th, 2010?

Plans are still in the works but here is what I have so far.

Date / Time : Saturday November 6th, 2010

Where : We will meet up somewhere in the North Atlanta area then all ride out to the mountains

Who : Anyone who wants to ride

What kind of cars : Whatever you feel like bringing

Will Tuner Atlanta be taking pictures and video? : We would be crazy not to

What is a mountain run? : Basically a group of us will rid up to the mountains, have some fun on the windy roads, bbq / eat and hang out, then come back home.

What is the cost? : If you are nice enough to help withing bringing hot dogs, chips, a case of soda, or whatever then no cost at all. If you want to eat but don't bring anything, it would be great if you threw down a couple of bucks to help cover the cost of food.

I would like to get this going as a regular thing. EVERYONE is invited to come out. This will be a blast. Its something different from the normal Saturday night Barrett parkway meet, and for those of you who have all wheel drive cars, its a chance to see what your car can really do.

Please RSVP here and let us know what car you will be bringing. I will keep an updated list going of who will be attending. More details about location will be released later as we figure out the best meeting spot and roads.

Any questions can be directed towards me or posted here.

ATTENDING

- John - 1997 Legacy GT
- ajohnson153 - 1997 Legacy / 2001 Acura Integra
- Wazzy - 1996 Legacy / 2003 Lexus
- Zone6 - 2001 Galant

Last edited by John on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:02 pm; edited 6 times in total
John
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://tuneratlanta.com

Back to top Go down

Mountain Run - Saturday November 6th, 2010 Empty Re: Mountain Run - Saturday November 6th, 2010

Post by John Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:40 am

In order for this to be a safe and successful event, there are a couple of rules that need to be followed.

Its recommended that each car have a radio (like a cobra walkie talkie) so you can communicate with other cars if needed. You must at least have a cell phone in the car. The first and last car in a group are REQUIRED to have a radio. I will have on myself and I have a spare that I can loan out if someone needs it. If you don't already have a radio, you can buy a set of two at Wal Mart for like 20 or 30 bucks. The an extra quart of oil, and other automotive needs in case you need it.

Remember that a whole bunch of loud tuner cars kind of stands out. Please don't add to the bad image that we already have. When around other kinds of traffic or areas where people are, PLEASE be responsible.

Drive safely. By this I mean don't tear around a corner cutting into the oncoming traffic lane at 115mph. Don't pass people on turns or anything like that. Everyone that drives a car knows how to drive it safely (its just some choose not to)....so please be safe. I don't want to pick up Honda parts off the road all day.

Bring a GPS or some kind of map just in case you separate from the group for some reason.

Start off the trip with a full tank of gas. We will be stopping from time to time for those that need to top off their tanks.

Make sure your car is in good working order. By this I mean don't bring out the half finished project that only starts when it wants to and likes to die. Make sure your fluids (oil, anti-freeze, transmission, etc...) are all full. Bring extra fluid with you in case something bad happens and you need it. If the worst happens and someone breaks down, I will be bringing hand tools and tow straps with me and I can help out in any way needed.

If you happen to be the lead car, or you're close to the front...radio back to other drivers of any hazards that you see up ahead.

John
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Mountain Run - Saturday November 6th, 2010 Empty Re: Mountain Run - Saturday November 6th, 2010

Post by ajohnson153 Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:54 am

I'll be there. My car probably will not. Unless I am in another car by then which is doubtful I will probably ride with John.
ajohnson153
ajohnson153
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Wazzy Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:50 pm

If the subaru still runs --im definitely going!
Wazzy
Wazzy
Admin
Admin

http://www.tuneratlantaforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by John Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:56 pm

You should be there Subaru or no Subaru. Bring the Lexus if you have to lol.

I think this is an event that the owner of the site SHOULD NOT miss lol
John
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zone6 Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:47 pm

sounds like a blast, i might be in on it
Zone6
Zone6
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by John Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:46 pm

What will you be driving?
John
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zone6 Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:36 am

2001 Galant
Zone6
Zone6
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by John Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:17 am

Awesome. I really hope to see you there. I have a few locations in mind, but I want to go drive them myself first to see what the best one will be. I may be going to check one out on Sunday evening. Anyone wanna ride with?
John
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down