TunerAtlanta.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2.5 or 2.2 that is the question (Subaru)

2 posters

Go down

2.5 or 2.2 that is the question (Subaru)  Empty 2.5 or 2.2 that is the question (Subaru)

Post by ajohnson153 Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:00 pm

I am looking at buying a Subaru. It will be an older model since I only have 3k to spend. My question is should I go with a Legacy GT or Outback with an EJ25 or get an L or LS model Legacy with the EJ22. Anyone know the advantages and disadvantages of both engines? Mainly it will be a daily driver but I might look into doing some performance upgrades further down the road.
ajohnson153
ajohnson153
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

2.5 or 2.2 that is the question (Subaru)  Empty Re: 2.5 or 2.2 that is the question (Subaru)

Post by John Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:33 pm

I'm pretty happy with my 2.5GT. The only disadvantage to it is that its an open deck motor, so I will blow it to the moon if I try and turbo it.

If you're talking about moding a motor (not including forced induction), the EJ25D is your best bet. It has a lot of torque and a bit more power then the comparable EJ22.

I've had both an EJ25 and an EJ22 and from a power / speed perspective, the EJ25 blows the EJ22 out of the water.
John
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://tuneratlanta.com

Back to top Go down