Black Label Society October 23

Go down

Black Label Society October 23

Post by ajohnson153 on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:25 am

Anyone planning to go to the Black Label Society, Clutch, Children of Bodom show on October 23rd at the Masquerade Music Park? I want to be there but I hate going to concerts by myself. Let me know we can work out meeting somewhere and either taking MARTA to the show or driving. I would not recommend driving as theft is pretty bad in that area.
ajohnson153
Noob
Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Black Label Society October 23

Post by Curley on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:45 am

I should be there! Hopefully will have a car by then too. Very Happy
Curley
Noob
Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wazzy on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:18 am

im not into BLS--- never liked em
Wazzy
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.tuneratlantaforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ajohnson153 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:44 am

It's fine Wazzy. I understand they are not everyone's taste. Curley I hope I can make it to the show I am pissed that I missed them last year because of some BS with Sevendust. I'm sure John will be more than happy to elaborate but suffice it to say I don't listen to them anymore.
ajohnson153
Noob
Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Curley on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:52 pm

I'm basically only going for Clutch and Children of Bodom. But I will stay for BLS. Not a "huge" fan, but I haven't listened to a lot of their music, so what I have heard may not be what I like. Zakk Wylde is an amazing guitarist for sure though, but again. Haven't heard a whole lot by them, nor like what I have heard. Alexi Laiho(COB) just has that "Shred ass" style of play, due to him being classically trained and not a blues player(Zakk), so that's what I've found to enjoy more. Wink Hopefully I will be there man!
Curley
Noob
Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:55 pm

I'll be missing this one, but COB is badass... saw them at the Masquerade 6-7 years ago.

Chris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajohnson153 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:35 pm

I like all three bands. As far as guitar playing goes COB is one of the best bands around. I don't like the sound of their vocalist so much but they are alright. Clutch is killer as well. BLS is pretty good but I really like Book Of Shadows a lot better than any of his BLS stuff. But he is a very talented guitarist nonetheless.
ajohnson153
Noob
Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Curley on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:49 pm

The fact that Alexi Laiho is the vocalist AND plays lead guitar as well as he does, blows my mind. Clutch I haven't heard a lot of(only 1 album, Strange Cousins From The West) and was impressed, it's a very different sound, but nice sounding.

Alexi's vocals: I feel they fit the music, the pace of the music..so as long as they fit, I have no issues with it Wink

Check out this video from when Alexi was like 20..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPpTolQiID0
Curley
Noob
Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajohnson153 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:38 pm

They do fit the music I just have never liked the way his voice sounds. He is a phenomenal guitarist though. I must admit I am not going to the show to hear the vocals though. I am going to see some serious shred from Alexi and Zakk. I'm hoping for some on stage collaboration between them. That would be BAD ASS! I just hope I can afford a ticket before they sell out.
ajohnson153
Noob
Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Curley on Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:56 pm

The tickets won't sell out lol, they are 35 I think? But if Alexi and Zakk did a solo duel...I would cream on myself.
Curley
Noob
Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajohnson153 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:50 am

Fuck man I am creaming myself just thinking of the possibility of that. They might just do it. Alexi is known for being a little full of himself and I doubt he would turn down some extra stage time. They would probably do that for an encore. It will be interesting to listen and compare playing styles. I like Alexi's technical style and Zakk's bluesy riffs pretty much equally.
ajohnson153
Noob
Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Curley on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:51 pm

I'm sorry but if you're THAT good at something..be full of yourself..lol, and the fact that Alexi, and Roope, and Janne(Roope is the other guitarist, and Janne is the keyboardist) are all SMASHED when they play shows..shows that much more talent. To remember everything. Haha. Alexi is classically trained, when he was 12 he played Metallica's "Fade To Black" from beginning to end at a school talent show, solos and all. Zakk Wylde was discovered at a young age, as well as Alexi(Alexi was 18 when Bodom put out their first album, "Something Wild") and then Bodom just exploded into the European metal scene. I don't know the exact age that Zakk Wylde was discovered by Ozzy, but I know he was young..they're both VERY talented guitarists..but Alexi IS more technical than Wylde, but Wylde plays with more "feeling" in his music, if you play guitar you know what I'm talking about. Again, back to the point. Alexi is amazing on guitar, he's allowed to be full of himself..haha
Curley
Noob
Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down